Thinking of Buying?
We're here to help you with your house-buying journey, every step of the way. When looking to purchase a new house, you'll be faced with a number of important decisions—first of which is deciding whether or not you're actually prepared to purchase a house in the first place! Locating your ideal house is not always an easy task, and getting approved for a mortgage can be a complicated and exhausting process.
However, once you've determined that you are in fact ready to move forward with your home-buying goal, the potential benefits are undeniable. Along the way, we'll make the process of buying a house easier, more enjoyable, less time consuming, and less expensive than if you had undertaken this challenge on your own. We'll help you locate and assess houses that match your preferences, assist you with putting in offers, and guide you through all of the little details related to the purchase of your new house.
We're experts on current market availability and property evaluation, so we know how to get you the best possible value for your money.
Your First Step: Determining a Goal
Your first step to buying a house is to ask yourself why you're looking to purchase a home in the first place. Is it:
- To stop paying rent?
- To start building equity?
- To have a place of your own?
- To raise a family?
- To entertain business associates?
- To move up to a bigger house?
All of these are good reasons to start looking. Next, you'll need to make a list of places where you would want your new home to be located. Be specific. Separate the must-haves from the want-to-haves. Consider these:
- Which area(s) would you like to live in?
- What kind of community would you like to be a part of?
- Is there a specific neighborhood you're interested in?
- Are there any specific facilities or services you would like to be located nearby (ie. schools, recreation facilities, shopping centres, daycare, etc.)?
- Would you like to be located near readily available public transit services?
- Is there a limit to how long you're willing to commute to work?
Now that you've got some ideas about your ideal location, it's time to think about the all-important house features:
- How much space will you need?
- Will your family be expanding in the future and require additional rooms?
- Consider your property size requirements.
- Are you interested in a newly-built home, or are you willing to purchase an older fix-me-up?
- Consider how long you'll want to live in your new home. When might you want to sell?
Your Second Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Once you've addressed the above needs, your next step in the buying process is to get pre-qualified with a mortgage company. This can be done over the phone, in person with a financial institution, or even online in a matter of minutes.
Contact Ray or Rob and one of us will be able to refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
We'll find the house that's right for YOU.
Once you've been pre-qualified and know your price-range, we can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them.
We have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search listings here on this website!
We're happy to help you every step of the way.
We'll help you complete your financing, inspections, and close the transaction. Our top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and ultimately successful. We look forward to working with you!